Friday, November 10, 2006

Krogers

On the way back from my miserable lunch at Donatos (see below), I made my normal Friday stop at the brand new Krogers over by my office. Krogers has learned a few lessons from Giant Eagle, and the chnage they made that most pleases me is the addition of an Olive bar. I usually grab a pound or so of fresh green and Calmata olives. The greens have Feta cheese in them - yumm! Other than the fact that they don't seem to understand that pitted olives DON'T have pits on them, it's a nice set-up.

They went above and beyond, though. Krogers realized that deli areas that serve sandwiches, sushi, hot foods, and olives may be the only desitination within the store for many shoppers. Realizing that lunch shoppers probably don't have the time or inclination to stand in line behind an octogenarian buying a weeks worth of groceries, they set up a cash register over in the deli area. Sonya is the normal cashier there, and we have a nice little bantering relationship going. Today she asked me if I wanted to use my Kroger loyalty card. I told her no, it didn't get me any discounts last week when I used it. She countered with the argument that I still got points towards discounted Krogers gas by using it. I said, "Sonya, you're not fooling me again. You don't even have any gas pumps." She sure got a kick out of that!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home