Friday, November 10, 2006

Donatos

I had lunch today at one of the new style Donatos. In these restaurants, you don't have a waitress to take your order; you use a phone at the table to call your order back to the kitchen. Not to be too subtle about it, this just plain sucks. The kitchen staff are slow to respond to the call (I had to apply my patented evil eye on the slacker at the counter before he threw up his hands and went to answer the call), and they aren't overly familiar with the menu. One of my co-workers literally read the menu to him, and he still wanted to argue over the availability of Honey French salad dressing. They seem to have trouble hearing correctly over the ambient noise of the kitchen, and the order had to be repeated multiple times. And they still got it wrong. Besides that, they have no skin in the game as they have no hope in hell of sharing the tip, should there actually be one. Without the tip being in play, it costs them nothing to screw up.

My lunch was the usual: it looked nothing like the picture in the menu. You know what I'm talking about: you'll see a nice, tall, crisp looking sandwich in the menu, and you actually get a plate with sandwich ingredients strewn all over the place, only passably taking the form of a sandwich. Fluids like sauce and/or other condiments are dripping all over the place, making the actual consumption of the offensive meal a messy affair.

From now on, I think it's delivery only if I ever want Donatos again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home